The star was authorized in 1918 and was awarded to those who saw service between 5th August 1914 and 31st December 1915. Those eligible for the 1914 Star were not eligible for the 1914-15 Star.
Naval personnel qualifying for the Star consisted of officers and men of the Royal Navy, Royal Marines, Royal Naval Reserve, Royal Naval Volunteer Reserve, Royal Naval Air Service, Indian and Dominion forces who were mobilised and served at sea or served on land within a theatre of war within the above dates. Also to members of the RNAS employed in flying from naval air stations on overseas patrols. Also to Mercantile Marine personnel serving under special naval engagements and canteen staff employed on naval warships at sea within the approved dates.
Army personnel eligible consisted of officers and men of British, Dominion, Indian and Colonial forces and medical personnel serving in military hospitals within a theatre of war within the above dates.
- Barron, Daniel, Private, 2629, 6th Seaforth Highlander
- Briggs, Harry, Private, 13110, 2nd Suffolk Regiment
- Bruce, Robert Tennant, Captain, Royal Army Medical Corps
- Chaworth-Musters, John Neville, Major, Warwick and South Notts. Yeomanry.
- Chaworth-Musters, Robert, Captain, 12th King’s Royal Rifle Corps
- Edwards, Caroline Edwards, Nursing, Queen Alexandra’s Royal Naval Nursing Sve.
- Entwistle, John, Private, 240084, 8th Battalion
- Fowlie, Alexander John, Private, 1945, 13th Australians
- Matheson, John Hugh, Captain, 6th Gordon Highlanders
- Meldrum, William Alexander, Lance/Corporal, 1778, 13th Australians
- Miller, William, Private, 1788, 13th and 61st Australians
- Murray, George Strachan, Corporal, 265839, 6th Seaforth Highlanders
- McDonald, Alexander, Private, 1871, 6th Seaforth Highlander
- McDonald, James Alexander, Private, 133, 28th Australians
- McDonald, Malcolm, Lance/Corporal, 265707, 6th Gordon Highlanders
- MacPherson, John Symon, Lieutenant, 4th and 6th Gordon Highlanders
- McWilliam, Alfred Dawson, Corporal, S/7417, 1st Gordon Highlanders
- McWilliam, James, Private, 5/1562A, 2nd Wellington Regiment, N.Z.E.F.
- Paterson, William, Serjeant, 200410, 5th Highland Light Infantry
- Plunkett, Havelock Arthur Terence, Lieutenant, 3rd and 2nd Black Watch
- Profeit, Leopold, Captain, 8th Shropshire Light Infantry
- Roberts, Wilfred Albert Edward Trim, Boy Steward, L7981, H.M.S. Natal
- Swingler, Charles Arthur Bates, Private, D/9129, 4th Dragoon Guards
- Thorburn, James Pirie, Private, 24914, 2nd South Wales Borderers
- Turnbull, Thomas Lancelot Gawain, Private, 1549, 1st Honourable Artillery Coy.
- Watt, John Taylor, Medical Officer, Royal Army Medical Corps
- Watt, William Gordon, Captain, Doctor, Gold Coast Regiment