This ‘Group’ is to honour those Professional Soldiers who were to serve in the British Expeditionary Force in France or Belgium on the strength of a unit, or service in either of those two countries between 5th August and midnight on 22nd / 23rd November, 1914.
In October, 1919, the King sanctioned the award of a bar to this star to all who had been under fire in France or Belgium during, or between the above dates.
- Auchinachie, George Cameron, Serjeant, 1347, 1st Gordon Highlanders
- Mitchell, Alexander, Serjeant, 2431, 1st Black Watch
- McDonald, William, Private, 330, 9th Gordon Highlanders
- Turnbull, Oswald Graham Noel, Captain, Royal Automobile Club
- Vaile, Edward Ernest, 2nd Lieutenant, 3rd Worcestershire Regiment
- Vaile, Philip Amyas, 2nd Lieutenant, 19th London Regiment